What is ITE?
Vision Statment: ITE exists to train Christians with a Biblical foundation and to equip them for Christian life and ministry. 2 Timothy 2:2
The Institute for Teen Evangelism (ITE) is a nine-month Bible college and on-the-job staff training program. In addition to 36 credits of college classes that will transfer to many Bible colleges, students will learn the essentials to youth ministry and apply their training by working in the ministry of Teens for Christ.
Our goal is to train and equip young adults to be godly leaders and have the necessary tools to be successful in ministry. You will gain a better understanding of how to read and interpret the Bible and also share that knowledge with others. Our hands-on training will help you develop godly character, knowledge, and skills to make you more effective in life and ministry. When you finish, you will have the equivalent of the entire Bible portion of a Christian college bachelor's degree.
GOAL #1: Godly Character
- Daily study of Scripture
- Development of personal statement of faith
- Strengthening of spiritual disciplines and personal worship
- Monthly accountability meetings and weekly mentoring
- Evaluation by teachers to help identify personal weaknesses
- Bible study methods
GOAL #2: Knowledge
- Up to 36 credits of college-transferable classes
- Bible memory in worship and Bible Quizzing
- Daily Bible study in classes and homework
- Bible training equivalent to most 4-year Bible college degrees
Goal #3: Skills
- Preaching/public speaking at least once a month
- Planning and execution of weekly Bible Clubs as a staff intern
- Involvement in planning and executing monthly rallies
- Weekly staff meetings for performance evaluation and growth
You Will learn the "how- to's" of youth ministry:
- Leading teens to Christ
- Coaching Bible Quiz teams
- Counseling at teen rallies
- Preaching & teaching
- Running Bible Clubs
- Working with churches
- Summer camps
- Sharing testimonies
- Lock-In's and other rallies
- Resolving conflicts
- Plus much more!
Your training will include instruction from the Teens For Christ staff and other area youth ministers. You will be trained by people who have been serving full-time in youth missions for years. Every regular instructor has at least 9 - 10 years of full-time ministry experience. This nine month program begins every year in early September, and runs through the end of May.